If I could only have 1 thing in my wardrobe a good old wrap dress would be my pick. Yes, yes I KNOW, I thought it would be a blazer as well. But a blazer needs basics (unless you can rock a blazer dress) whereas a wrap dress is the perfect ‘throw on and go’ item. Oh, and flattering!
- Printed styles mean you can keep shoes and accessories minimal, adding to the ‘throw on and go’ factor (great for holidays!).
- Look for a ‘true’ wrap around so the ties can be adjusted as loose or fitted as you like (great for changing body shapes during pregnancy)
- Have a gaping neckline? Try these:
- Since the waist of a wrap dress can be easily adjusted consider a size up to fit the chest.
- Pin it, but not at the neckline. Instead, pull the wrap tight until your chest is covered to your liking, then pin the fabric together below the bust—ideally near where it ties at your waist. Here’s a tutorial on how (see Method 2).
- DIY an extra press stud at the neckline. Pick these up from Spotlight (or a fabric store) and sew them on. Will work for any wrap style top/dress (and kinda perfect for a DIY breastfeeding top as well!). Here’s a tutorial on how.
Here’s the round up!
This Forever New Mindy Dress is pricier ($140) but ticks the boxes of a staple wrap dress: versatile, comfortable, timeless. Available in sizes 4-14 at Forever New and also size 16 at The Iconic. SHOP HERE and HERE.
Something for Spring:
Something for work:
I hope that was helpful! See you next week with another hunt. Until then, check out the Black Work Pants hunt from last week if you missed it!